Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Proposition 8 in plain English

Now that election day is nearing, I'm really getting fired up about this Prop 8 stuff.

Not to mention, my "Yes on Prop 8" sign was kindly "STOLEN" from my lawn. I'm sure it was snatched by a loving fellow Prop 8 supporter who just REALLY, REALLY wanted one of their own. I can sleep at night knowing that I did them a kind deed by letting them borrow my sign.

Dear whomever you are...feel free to keep it. I have lots more...and they will continue to surface on my lawn for your borrowing pleasure as long as you'd like.

This video is an excellent resource for understanding the basics of what's going on in California. It was put together by a man in our stake. Enjoy!


3 comments:

The Mostess said...

What on earth?? I don't care what side people are on..this weird sign stealing and paying off drivers so they won't deliver signs is ridiculous!

The great thing about the US is that we're *all* able to express our opinions and views--we don't have to agree, but it's so rude and crazy when people do stuff like this. How annoying!

rick said...

Hey Hay! Get it? Another question.. is it just the word marriage that is freaking peeps out? And will teachers in 2nd grade have to read a book to her class about the gays? My theory is this (it might be strange) you know if your gay.. I don't think little kids will think it's ok if their not gay. Does that make sense? I don't think kids are as dumb as people make them out to be they can figure things out. religous or not we all have jimminy cricket on our shoulder that makes us feel good and bad about things we do. I dont think im making any sense at all.. i swear it made sense in my head!! any way portland is sweet.. it rains a lot! love ya

Matt and Jessie said...

You go girl! I love your motivation to educate about this cause! I watched the videos you posted and had no idea all that could happen based off of this! I am proud of you for standing up for what you believe in and if I could vote, I would, but I can't so I will send some prayers that way on election day!