Wednesday, December 21, 2011

so much christmas, so little time to post

I love Christmas.
I  have many goals as a mom, but one of my top priorities
 as a mom is to make sure my kids have magical childhood memories.

I think Christmas is a good place to start.

I think I feel the Christmas spirit more this year than ever before
 because I have 2 tots that are so excited about it.

Here's how we've been celebrating:

Decorating
We made a centerpiece "Winter Wonderland Tree"



Ballet-ing
Avy & I went to the Velveteen Rabbit Ballet in SF 
with these lovely little ladies & their moms.

Last year we went with them up to the Nutcracker.

We decided to try a new ballet this year.

Avy loved it.
She sat still and took it all in the whole performance.

We went to Buca for lunch before the show.

After the show, the ladies showed off their finest rabbit bunny-hops



Tree Chopping
We went Christmas tree hunting.


The usual suspects joined the ranks.


This was a different farm than the one we usually hit up in Half Moon Bay.
This was in the wilderness.
I mean, off the road, hiking up hills, scared out of my mind I 
was going to lose a red-head in the forest, wilderness.

& this isn't scary at all either.

Tat & I in our traditional tree-cutting garb.

We ended up getting this beaut

A couple days ago, while in the bathroom, I heard a bulb break out in the living room.
Turns out it was more than one bulb.

This picture is the epitome of Linc.
However, he actually wasn't to blame for this.
It's really a cute story:
Linc wanted the blue "ball" ornament down, so Avy said she'd get it for him.
It was up too high, so she grabbed a little chair.
She tried so hard to reach & yank it off, but 
instead of just getting the ornament, she got the whole tree with it.
Fortunately, nobody was harmed.
& Linc got his ornament.

Dancing
Avy's dance class showed off their "I love you, Santa Clause number" at dance last week.

Teddy Bear Tea Party-ing
Linc & I hosted a Teddy Bear Tea Party for Avy & her friends.
The girls had to bring their favorite doll or stuffed animal to dine with.

Here's the mini-hostess all dolled up, with Kitty, of course,
 ready to party like a rock star.
Er, I mean, a proper tea party princess.
 She got a little make-up on for the occasion.


They decorated Gingerbread Houses



Clearly Gus needs to take Tea Party Etiquette 101

Mother Goose read many Christmas stories



 Linc was head of the clean-up committee & did a fine job.
Any chance to climb on the table 
will not be refused by this gingerbread boy.
After he cleaned up the g-bread house mess...
...he helped set up the tea party portion of the party.
  Gingerbread cookies, madeleines, cuties, and hot chocolate.


Then they had a gift exchange. 
What a fun party with lots of lovely little ladies!
Oh yes, & this lovely little lady was a gem too.

Preschool fun
Avy's school class had a visit from Santa Clause.



All she keeps telling Santa that she wants is a red bear.
Today I said, "Maybe Santa will bring you your very own roll of tape in your stocking!"
(since she uses tape all day long on any and everything in sight)
She said, "No, Mom. I think he's bringing me a red bear. 
 Maybe next year he can bring me a roll of tape for Christmas."

Boy will she be beside herself when she sees what Santa has in store.

Kaari's Cookie Competition
This totally deserves a whole post of its own. 

 Here's to the last week of ho-ho-ho-ing!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

This post assures me that you would be good to take on my reds if Tits and I get hit by a bus.

I think it's so, so fun that you ladies take your girls to the ballet every December!

And that dress-up tea party is the cutest. Litte girls! I'm telling you.

I can't decide whether your best pic is Tat with that enormous blade or the sad fallen Christmas tree. Hilarious, both!

The Gilberts said...

So busy and fun! I love the nutcracker/ christmas ballet tradition! Way to go to town, hosting a kids party with a new baby-- whew!
Your christmas card was darling!

Valerie said...

All the pictures are darling!!! And I am rolling on the floor laughing over the "tape" obsession. Stockton uses up all our tapes, I finally had to threaten him this week (after buying 3 new things of tape) that presents would not get wrapped if the tape was gone, dun dun dun!!! Let's get our kids together and give them tape to see what they two of them come up with together ha ha ha!